Monday, January 25, 2010

January 25th - 29th

Sorry I have been so far behind; so much for my New Year's resolution, I guess. Here is some important info for this week:

  • Progress reports will be handed out in class on Tuesday, Jan 26th.
  • Second quarter ends on Friday, January 29th. Look for your student's report card next week.
  • In Language Arts, we will be taking the test on Adjectives & Adverbs on Tuesday, Jan. 26th. Please help your student study for this!
  • In Reading, your student needs to finish reading the biography he/she selected earlier this month. Also, ask how many AR points your student has accumulated this quarter. Twenty-five (25) are required.
  • In Science we will be working with pond water & wet mounts in addition to staining and heat setting some of the slides. This Microscope unit will continue on into next week, too.
  • In Art Exploratory we will move from pencil sketching to working in charcoal. More messiness, just in a different medium! (Ha, ha!)
Next week we will be re-arranging the sixth grade schedule/day; it will go from eight classes a day to seven. Your student will have me for either four periods a day (poor things!) or only for Science (Ms. Shimizu's students). We will be including the Technology & Art exploratories in the Social Studies classes I will now be teaching.

For my eighth period Math students, I must say good-bye to them on Friday. Next semester I will be helping out with Writing instead of Math, so I will be working with Ms. Clark & Ms. Campbell. Perhaps I will be able to work with some of the same students in this new class!

Have a great week!
Mrs. Michele Humble

No comments: